Our Programmes: Nursing Homes

St. Theresa's Home

St Theresa's Home was established in 1935 by the Little Sisters of the Poor to provide housing, food, clothing, medical and related services to the elderly. It is an institution of Catholic Witnessing of Christian Love and Care for the disadvantaged, destitute and aged sick in our community while continually improving the care through a spectrum of comprehensive nursing, a pleasant environment and well-balanced programmes to enhance the quality of life of our residents in their twilight years.

The Little Sisters, a congregation of religious sisters known for their care of the sick and dying, set-up a home in Derbyshire Road for 12 elderly folk in 1935, before building the present home in 49 Upper Thomson Road in October 1939. The Sisters devoted themselves to the care of the sick and elderly in their charge, and worked tirelessly to assure the aged persons comfort and peace in their golden years.

On July 1, 2003, Catholic Welfare Services, Singapore took over the management of St Theresa's Home from the Little Sisters, with the support of the Brothers of Mercy and Infant Jesus Sisters. The staff endeavours to emulate the Little Sisters as best they can in the care and support they give the residents.

St Theresa's Home is a voluntary welfare nursing home registered with the Ministry of Health which provides subvention for the upkeep of its residents and facilities. The Home also depends very much on financial support from benefactors and members of the public.

Executive Director:

Mr Victor Seng

Address:

49 Upper Thomson Road, S574325

Telephone:

6256 2532

Email:

admin@sainttheresahome.org

Website:

www.sainttheresahome.org

Affiliation:

The Roman Catholic Church, Singapore